Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween 2008

Our Halloween turned out pretty fun....
When Lars got home from work we got the boys back in their costumes and headed down to the Halloween Carnival that the elementary school was putting on. I think the rest of Providence was there too-it was so packed! But they did a pretty good job with it. There were lots of fun games and activities, but the only one Ashton wanted to do was to go through the spook alley. Twice with Lars, then after looking around to see if there was anything else he wanted to do, he wanted to go through again so I took him.
I took this picture as we were walking from the truck to the school.
I love it!
I just think it's so cute of all of my boys and I imagine myself years down the road looking back at it and smiling at the memories of this Halloween.
After the carnival we took them to two of my friends' houses.
Angie and Ann really wanted to see them dressed up.
Thanks for the treats you guys!
Then we figured we'd better come home and get a little something to eat before we started around the neighborhood. Plus everyone was still at the carnival, so there would have been no one to trick or treat to yet anyway.

Finally around 6:30 it was time to go out and knock on some doors...the moment was finally here...but after Ashton having been so excited to trick-or-treat, we only ended up going to 4 or 5 houses before he was done and wanted to go home! This is all the candy he ended up with...but that was fine with me. (and yes I helped myself to that Reese's peanut butter cup :)I think he loved the idea of being a ghost and really liked his costume, but after wearing it for awhile it got uncomfortable and hard to see out of (especially when it got dark) because just like usual as soon as we got home he stripped down to his shorts and t-shirt. Then he had a blast handing out candy to everyone that came to our door. He loved seeing all of the costumes and picking out a certain piece of candy for each kid.

With the beautiful weather we could have stayed out till 10:00! It never did cool off and I think it was about 55 degrees while we were trick-or-treating. I never remember a Halloween like this. Usually it's freezing!

Gunnar of course loved getting out and didn't mind his costume at all!Lots of people commented how cute he looked as a monkey and one lady at the carnival even asked us if she could snap a quick picture of him with her cell phone because she loved it so much!

All in all a great Halloween...Oh and awhile after we got home Ashton said

"Hey Mommy, I never did see any real ghosts did you?"

3 comments:

Jody said...

I didn't see any ghosts either.. But I did see one really cute Ashton ghost.. That picture is great of all your boys.. Memories that last a life time your right.. I think that Monkey costume on Gunnar is the cutest thing ever.. I was thinking the same thing about the weather.. It was so nice because it wasn't snowing and you didn't have to wear a coat that covers up there costumes. Sounds like you had a busy halloween also. Brooke probably acts just like me too.. Scary isn't it.

Angie said...

Looks and sounds like you had a great night! And I totally agree about the weather - we were out for 2 hours and the boys weren't even cold. The boys' costumes were adorable -- definitely a year for the scrapbook or photo album.

Cassidy said...

so stinking cute. SO the story about the ups costume goes as follows, brody had a come apart in wm oct 30. he was crying saying "i not have a halloween cotume." broke my heart so we went over to the costume area and he picked out a skeleton. thank you so much though.