Friday, January 30, 2009

Ashton saves Gunnar!

We are constantly checking our gate at the top of the stairs to make sure it's locked shut so that Gunnar doesn't find it open and go tumbling down. Well Ashton goes up and down all day and is usually pretty good about locking it, but today he must have just propped it shut when he came upstairs and not locked it because I'm making a phone call in the kitchen and Ashton was on the couch and all of a sudden he yells "Gunnar's gonna crawl down the stairs!!" Before I knew it he had jumped off the couch and ran over to him and grabbed his legs just before he went down head first! It scared me to death! And I was so proud of Ashton!! Little hero. He's so good with Gunnar most days now.
I love to see them playing together!
Oh, a couple of his latest funnies...
Yesterday I was telling him that I was going to get my hair cut and that Daddy would be staying with him and Gunnar. So he asked me who was going to cut it and I told him who and he asked me "Why doesn't Daddy just cut it for you, because he didn't go to hair preschool like you did?" Too funny!
Then the other day I made him some chicken noodle soup and he was drinking the broth and said "Yum! I like this yellow water."

3 comments:

horsehug said...

What an adorable picture of Ashton and Gunnar together. And what a little Hero Ashton is. :-)
Also your new Valentine borders are so cute!

Grandma

Jody said...

Looks like a good time playing in the blankets and animals... To cute... Thanks goodness for Ashton.. What a great big brother.. I agree with your mom the new border is adorable.. Love the picture on the side of Gunnar in the sink..

Lindee said...

good job ashton! (maybe he really is a superhero, he's always dressed for it!) I'm sure glad you went to hair preschool too! addy's haircut is adorable! thanks so much, your the bestest!