Monday, January 19, 2009

Our first date was 10 years ago!

I decided to surprise Lars this past Friday since it was about 10 years ago that we went on our first date. (no I don't remember the exact date, but I do know it was about a week before his Birthday because back then I remember after we had gone out just once he brought me a piece of cake on his Birthday!...We happened to live on the same street back then). Anyway I asked my good friend Angie if she would watch the boys for a couple hours while I took Lars out to dinner. I left him a card on the counter telling him where to meet me then took the boys over to Angie's. On our first date way back then we (and about 10 other couples I didn't know!) went to the Blue Bird here in Logan and I thought about taking him there, but there are just so many other better places to eat! So I told him to meet me at the Coppermill instead. They have the best coconut shrimp and I know Lars likes to eat there too. So he was surprised and we were both excited for a night out. It doesn't happen very often these days...thanks so much Angie!
Luckily I got a good report that Ashton and Gunnar behaved. Once again I had to bribe Ashton with wearing his pajamas over to her house, and when I told him that he could call her and ask her if it was okay (of course she said yes!)...he was ready to go.
I had her take this quick picture of us when we were picking up the boys.
Lars' head got cut off, but that tends to happen when you're 6' 5"!
(great shot of Gunnar too!)


2 comments:

Jody said...

So fun!! I'm glad that you had a great time on your date... We all need to remember that we need to still date even after being married.. It's so much fun and makes our relationships that much better.. Plus our kids probably want a break from us once in awhile.. You have such a great family..

Angie said...

Yea for date night!! Those are so very important when you're married and even MORE important after you have kids! Way to take the bull by the horns and plan a night out with your hubby.