Saturday, January 24, 2009

Happy 34th Birthday Lars!

Today is Lars' 34 Birthday, so the past few weeks I had been trying to come up with something fun for him/us to do to celebrate it. Of course I had the ideas of he and I flying out to Vegas or even driving out to Wendover, but then I remembered that we have 2 small children and it just doesn't work for us to do stuff like that right now and I knew he would want to spend it with his boys anyway. So then I tried to think about what we could do around here that would be fun just for part of the day...and of course he kept hinting that he'd love to go ice-fishing (who Lars? imagine that), so I decided to call his parents (without him knowing) and ask them if they'd like to come stay for the weekend and watch the boys while we went ice fishing, he had mentioned that it would be fun to see his parents for his Birthday too. And boy was he surprised to see them here yesterday after work! I hid their car around the corner and had them go downstairs with Ashton before he got home and when he did, I told him that Ashton needed his help with something on the Mario game downstairs. I loved his reaction when he saw them! Then last night we went out to dinner and I gave him a card telling him to pack up the ice-fishing stuff so that we could go today. Of course the one day we get a chance to go together it rains...all day! But we went anyway and had our tent and heater, so it wasn't too bad. (it really is fun! Most people who haven't ever been say "why would you want to go sit out on a sheet of ice and stare down a hole?", but it's fun if you're warm and if you're catching fish!)
Our ice holes... Lars looking down his ice hole...(we could see the fish swimming by our jigs)Lars caught 4 fish... I didn't catch any, but it could have been due to the nap I took and the fact that I was messing around and missed a few that I could have had. Oh well!
It was fun just to get out together for a few hours.
Me warming up by the heater :)
Tonight we had a few friends over for cake and ice cream, now Lars is watching the Aggie game. I think he had a pretty good Birthday...of course Ashton wanted it to be another pajama party, but Lars shot down that idea.

A little help blowing out those candles...
Thanks for coming to hang out and watch the boys Nana & Papa!
Happy Birthday hunnie :)

2 comments:

Ballard Family said...

Hey it was good to see you the other night. I wish I would have seen you inside Chilis so we could have chatted. Was that Starlee with you? I haven't seen her forever! You are such a cute wife to go all out for your hubby's b-day. I actually like ice fishing better than regular fishing it seems like you can catch more, but it is way cold! We should try to do lunch sometime that would be so fun!

Lindee said...

happy (really late) birthday lars! i don't know where i've been but all the sudden i have a gazillion posts to catch up on! it's so not fair that you can be out in the freezing snow, coat, pants, hat and all and still look cute. loser.