Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy 90th Birthday to my Grandpa!!!

My Grandpa Swede is turning 90 years old tomorrow! We went to Evanston this past weekend for his early Birthday party on Saturday. It was a lot of fun and great to see so many people come to celebrate with him. I think he really enjoyed it. Thursday night my Dad and step-mom flew in from Texas and stayed with us that night, then left for Wyoming Friday morning. They showed up right as I was going to pick Ashton up from preschool, so he was really excited to come straight home to see them.

Gunnar and Grandpa Gene We left Friday afternoon to go to Wyoming. It was fun to see my uncles and my cousins Geoff and Ashley. Ashley's twin Beth wasn't able to make it (we missed you Beth!) No one can ever believe that I only have 3 cousins. Total. Yes that's it!
They sure are cute ones though :)
(that's my uncle Charlie in the back) Of course Ashton was so excited to go to Grandma and Grandpa Harry's house. Here he is getting ready to go outside with Grandma...I forgot his hat and gloves at home so he's wearing mine. He looked so cute in my pink hat!My Mom noticed that he and Grandpa Harry had matching green and black coats...Gunnar had a lot of fun crawling around their house too this time...Here he is making the funny face he makes all the time. He squints his eyes and tips his head back. I love it! He's sitting in the "bear chair" that is the highchair we use when we go to my Mom's house. It goes back to when she and her sisters were babies and me and my siblings all used it as well.
Here I am with my Dad, my step-mom Michelle, Ashton cheesing it up and Gunnar right before we headed home.
It was a fun weekend and good to spend time with everyone who was able to come. Oh and the boys even traveled pretty well too. I didn't even have to sit in back this trip!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Hey! I love your family pic at the top. It is so cute. We should get together and take Star to dinner for her birthday, unless you already have, I'm a slacker!!

Jody said...

Looks like you had fun at the party... Sorry we missed you. That picture of Gunnar is just to funny..

Lindee said...

that pic of gunnar is hilarious! and seriously? 3 cousins! i have 1st cousins on my dads side i have never even met!