Sunday, March 8, 2009

I can't wait for spring and summer!

With winter dragging on again, like it always does it has me thinking about warmer days. So I decided to blog about one of my favorite days that was almost 2 years ago...
It was spring 2007, a couple months before I got pregnant with Gunnar. Lars, Ashton and I decided to go over to Bear Lake for the day. On the way we stopped off to hike up Limber Pine trail in the canyon. It was fun to take Ashton on that little hike and see the giant tree at the end of it...He loved being able to walk along with us (and ride on Lars' shoulders on the way down) and loved seeing some snow that was left up there that hadn't melted yet.

This cool bent tree was on the way up the trail...Once we got over to Bear Lake, we just hung out all day. It was such a nice day for May! Ashton played and played and played just finding things in the sand and running around and pretending. I had a good book to read and Lars brought his fly rod and had fun trying to catch the nasty carp that stay close to the bank there. I loved Ashton's reaction to the fish...he wanted to touch them, but couldn't quite bring himself to do it! After Lars caught a few he handed the rod over to me and I even caught one. It was fun to wade out into the shallow water...strangely it wasn't even very cold.

When we finally decided to leave it was dinnertime so we went over and had pizza in Garden City.

I have these couple of pictures framed on my computer desk...so I look at them every day and have such great memories of that perfect day! We always feel lucky to be so close to Logan Canyon and Bear Lake.

We can't wait to go over this year and stay for a weekend...could be interesting with Gunnar :)

2 comments:

horsehug said...

I wouldn't mind skipping Spring in Hilliard. It is pretty much still winter!
But I LOVE summmer and can't wait for it!!
What adorable pictures of Ashton back then. I miss him!

Mom

Jody said...

Fun Pictures!! I'm sure Gunnar will enjoy eating sand! Hey I didn't notice any fly fishing trips on your side bar of events???? Is Gunnar walking yet?