Saturday, September 17, 2011

Gunnar's new Monster Room!

I have had all of these ideas floating around in my head for awhile, and finally got around to doing them in Gunnar's room.
Yes I have a thing for Monsters...
I don't know what it is, I just think they are so cute!
Remember Ashton's backpack?
Then I found Gunnar's this year, and told my step-Mom about it since they'd been wanting to get him his backpack for school, so she ordered it from Children's Place and sent it to us.
 As I searched around on the internet for ideas, I found nothing. I looked for bedding FOREVER! And found nothing. I had pretty much given up on finding anything I liked. Even pondered making some!
 Until I found this at Walmart a couple weeks ago...
 I LOVE it!
Once I found it, I started working on my other ideas. I got a bunch of fleece fabric at Walmart for $7! And made these guys so far...(well the green one, the gray one and the orange one) I had made that pillow for Gunnar for Christmas and the round blue one is from Hobby Lobby...
I still need to make a couple more.
Those blocks above used to be these...
And this saying...
used to be this...
I bought the "M" at Hobby Lobby and covered it with this cute scrapbook paper. 
I just re-used these frames and put some favorite pictures of Gunnar in them...
(one with his brother of course :) 
 And my wonderful neighbor has a vinyl cutting machine, so I had her cut out the "...is for Monster" saying as well as these funky frames and we designed this cute monster :)
I painted the letters for his name to match the new colors in the room...
I couldn't believe it when I found this kleenex box!
And forever I've been looking for some bookshelves for the boys' rooms with no luck. Then as I was looking at the little wood frames at JoAnn (that I just painted black)...I looked over and saw this...
...unfinished of course, but it was exactly what I'd been looking for and I got it for 50% off! Even better. I took it home, sanded it and painted it and I love how it looks in his room and am so happy to finally have a place to put books! Now I need to go back and get one for Ashton's room.
Anyway it has been fun, and I love how it turned out!
I think Gunnar likes it too :) He named this guy toad and sleeps with him every night...

7 comments:

Susan O. said...

I absolutely love it all!!! You are so artistic and creative! You must have inherited all that from your dad (since you did not get it from me!:)

Ashley said...

I want a monster room! So cool. I was thinking you inherited your creativity from your mom since I don't think the Demanders are that creative...

annilee said...

Freaking love it!!! Never thought monsters could be this cool!

dottie said...

Jessica - I just love what you do with almost nothing! I'm sure Gunnar loves his room.

The Hoths said...

so so cute! I love it! you are so talented.

Jody said...

WOW MY friend! It looks AWESOME! Oh how I have missed u. I need to talk with you soon! Love Ya

Angie said...

the room is adorable!!! Great job!!