Sunday, January 20, 2013

Celebrating on Ashton's real birthday...

On Sunday...Ashton's real birthday Lars' family was still here for the morning then Ashton had his first church class after the Christmas Break. He was born on the Epiphany (what we celebrate as the day the wise men brought the gifts to Jesus), and this year it happened to fall on Sunday. So it was kind of neat for Ashton to have class on that day and learn more about the day that his birthday falls on.
After I picked him up from class, we went home and he and Lars went out in the freezing cold so that Ashton could shoot his new bb gun for the first time. I was sad I didn't get to see him do it, but I still wasn't feeling very well and it was SO cold out! So I made him take a few pictures...
Even in the freezing cold, Lars said he loved it and he did really well hitting the target!
While they were gone...Grandma and Grandpa Harry arrived to hang out for the day and celebrate with us.
It was fun to have them here all day and we just relaxed at home. They got Ashton this cool working ATM machine to keep track of his money in. 
When my mom told me about it, I knew he would LOVE it! He was so excited to put all of his money in it and loves seeing how it kept track of how much he put in, and especially that it has it's own password that only he will know. However it was really funny after he set his password, I was joking around with him and said "I know what it is...it's 5555." I laughed so hard when he said "Hey! how did you know what it is?" I happened to guess exactly what he set it as. So he  immediately changed it :)
He spent part of the day putting together his new Harry Potter Lego set...
And he also loves his new hoodie I picked up for him while he was at class :)

After we hung out all day, we asked him where he wanted to go to dinner and he said he wanted a cheeseburger from Angie's, so that's where we went. Grandma and Grandpa had never been there, so it was fun. 
Ashton ate most of his dinner, as well as a little ice cream that came with it, then they brought him a huge cinnamon roll and sang to him for his birthday.
It's fun to celebrate your birthday for a whole weekend!

1 comment:

Susan O. said...

It was fun getting to see Ashton on his 8th birthday and his choice of Angies's for dinner was so good!! :) I cannot believe it has been 8 years either!!