Sunday, January 20, 2013

Surgery...

After this post I will be caught up:)
 
Nine years ago almost to the day...(January 19th, 2004) I had laparascopic surgery for my endometriosis, after trying for 2 1/2 years to get pregnant.
 
2 days ago...Friday, January 18th 2013 I had the same surgery again. (the closeness in dates wasn't planned at all...I just realized after I scheduled it that it ended up being almost exactly nine years ago...weird)
So here I am 2 days later feeling very sore, but being well taken care of by
Lars and Kelli, and being able to catch up on my blog.
 
Before deciding to do this surgery again I prayed a lot about it, and eventually felt a really strong peaceful feeling about it. Really that I was doing the right thing. So I went into it on Friday not really being very nervous at all.
Lars took me in at 6:15 that morning and we were home by about 11:00. It all went fine and Dr. Craig did find more endometriosis and cleaned it out. As well as flushed out my tubes.
When we got home I could hardly keep my eyes open...the painkiller knocked me out for a few hours, but then when I woke up, I really felt pretty good most of the day. Then yesterday I felt like I'd been hit by a really big truck...I felt horrible. My back, neck, shoulders, throat and almost my whole body hurt...so I mostly laid in bed all day.
Today it has felt quite a bit better...now my stomach is just sore and swollen around the incisions and I just don't quite feel like myself yet.
 
Anyway I still feel good about making the decision to have the surgery, and I am really just looking forward to feeling good again! It's been so long since I've felt good...Before Christmas. I just want to get back to exercising and not being sick!
 
I have to mention how cute and sweet Gunnar was when I got home from the hospital. Well really when he got home from school that day since I slept for about 4 hours after I got home. He couldn't wait to come check on me and see if I needed anything, then he spent the first few hours after he got home running back and forth from the kitchen to my room asking me if I was okay and what I needed, and bringing me things. He brought me two of his little webkinz to keep me company :) He just melts my heart. He loved it when I rang my little bell, so he could come running. :)
 


1 comment:

Susan O. said...

I'm so glad your surgery went well and hope you feel totally good again very soon! :) So glad you have all your helpers taking care of you also! :)