Sunday, January 20, 2013

Piano and homemade Play-dough...

Like I mentioned before, Ashton just started piano lessons and is loving it so far! After playing Grandma's piano a lot the last time we were there, he has been asking me when he can start to take lessons, so I got busy asking around about teachers and finally found one. She had a couple spots open, so we went and met her one day after school. She lives about 3 minutes away. I liked her immediately and was excited to get him started. We originally were going to have him go on Wednesday afternoons at 3:45, but then found out that scouts is at 4:00 and he really didn't want to miss any of that. The only other spot she had open was at 7:45 on Tuesday mornings. I wasn't super excited about that, but the two times he's gone so far, it's been fine. He gets up and is excited to go and really it's less time at home one morning a week that he would spend fighting with Gunnar! 
We went and got a keyboard for him to practice on and I'm really hoping that he will continue to like it and be happy to practice. Time will tell, but for now I'm so glad he's liking it and it like so many other things seems to come so easy to him. His teacher says she can tell he has a good ear.
Moving onto play-dough...
This has been on my list to do for a long time and as we sat at home last Tuesday since Ashton didn't have school because of parent/teacher conferences, (and it was yet again freezing cold and horrible air quality outside!) I decided to get the stuff out to make homemade play-dough. Gunnar loved helping me make it & choosing what colors he wanted while Ashton practiced piano.
Then he had lots of fun playing with it for awhile.
 I love this happy face :)

No comments: