Thursday, June 13, 2013

First Day of Summer Break at the pool!

On the Saturday after school got out, Lars went fishing so I told the boys that if they would hop on their bikes and go do my run with me, I would take them to the pool when it opened.
Ashton took some talking into it, but Gunnar was excited.
We did 2 1/2 miles, then came home and hung out for a bit then got ready to go to the pool.
It was a beautiful day and they had so much fun swimming for about 3 hours.
  I felt terrible later that night when their faces started to look red.
 I'd put sunscreen on them, but not until right before they got in the water and I used a spray kind that I don't usually use. It must have washed right off because they got burned. Gunnar of course worse than Ashton.
I really thought it was mostly just Gunnar's face (which actually looked way better the next day), but it was the next day that he called me into his room and asked me what the little bumps were all over his arms. They were so burned that they were covered in blisters :(
He had never been burned before and it hurt!
Especially the day after that when one of the neighbor kids bumped him when they were all playing and it rubbed all of the blisters off of one arm, so it was just open raw skin. So sad!
I had to keep it covered the first few days, so I found this angry birds tape to use with guaze. It stayed on really well...
They are just now (2 1/2 weeks later) finally looking better.
And luckily I remembered a long sleeve swim shirt that had been Ashton's at this age and Gunnar will be wearing it (and double sunscreen) for the rest of the summer!


No comments: