Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Harry Potter Camp!

Back in April when I heard about this I couldn't quite believe my ears that there was actually a Harry Potter summer camp in Logan, Utah! In fact when Ashton first told me about it I actually didn't believe him and told him that it must be in some other city. Then about a week later one of my friends that knows how much Ashton LOVES everything Harry Potter called me and told me that the camp had just opened up for registration and that I better hurry up and sign Ashton up because it filled up fast. So I actually turned the car around (can't remember where I was driving to) and went home and got on the website and signed him up right away. It filled up the next day.
He got this cool invitation in the mail about a week before it started...
Now he's been going for 3 weeks and it has been a Godsend. He absolutely loves it and it is for 3 hours a day (1-4) Monday thru Thursday for 5 weeks!
That first day when Gunnar and I walked him in I honestly just felt so happy for him and as I saw all the other kids walking in, I thought to myself...these are his people! haha :)
It's at the Logan High School Library & the instructor is fabulous! He is passionate about everything Harry Potter & you can tell. He's been doing this camp for 13 years now!
They get to do tons of fun things and each night we check the website to see who has won the daily prizes and to get the clues for where to find the snitches for the next day.
They got sorted into the different houses one day, made wands, shot off rockets, made these cool glow in the dark paintings...
...and this week is potions week. So fun!
Anyway I am so glad he's been able to be a part of this camp and we'll definitely try to get in next year again. Worth every penny!

No comments: