Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Summer is flying by....

I cannot believe we're down to less than a month until school starts back up again. Summer is going by way too fast and I need to catch up on here.
Ashton's Harry Potter camp ended on July 11th. He had so much fun with it! I know I said it before, but I am so glad we got him signed up for it and it was worth every penny.
That same week, he and Gunnar both started a fun art camp that my friend Aurora teaches part of. They went from 9~noon Monday thru Thursday that week and the next.
I think they liked parts of it :) I had to laugh when the first day they both jumped in the car saying "MOM! We had to dance...WITH GIRLS! haha :) I had kind of forgotten that Aurora told me that dance was a part of it...a part that her own boys had complained about last year. So anyway they weren't too happy about that, but they loved working with clay, painting, getting to do paper mache, and even cooking. And Gunnar actually got to where he liked the dancing...he would come home each day and teach me the new dances. Oh and they learned some songs too and I would catch both of them singing them sometimes. It really was a fun camp and I LOVE the projects that they brought home on the last day! Definitely glad we signed up for this one too.
Lars and I went to watch their little presentation on the last day and we got to see them perform the dances and songs that they'd learned, then we helped them gather up all of their art to bring home.
Such cute projects!
 Ashton's...
 Gunnar's...
 Can't wait to hang them up :)
 
During that second week of art camp, Grandpa and Grandma from Texas were here. That post up next...

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Art camp looks like fun! Glad they are staying busy and that they can do some of these activities together. What a fun summer! I miss summer break