Tuesday, July 30, 2013

37...

I guess I say it every year older that I get...but how am I 37 years old! I sure don't feel like it...but the years keep flying by.
I woke up on my birthday to Lars bringing me breakfast in bed...the boys were actually still sleeping!
They woke up while I was eating and came in and told me happy birthday. Gunnar of course hopped right up with me for a little bit :)
Then they went out and ate their breakfast while I got showered and ready for church. I was actually glad my birthday fell on a Sunday this year, I think going to mass was a great way to start our day.
On our way out the door...
 After church we came home and had some lunch, then just hung out for a little bit. Then my Mom showed up...Lars had called her to see if she wanted to come down for the day. So that was a fun surprise!
Lars had told the boys that he would take them out to shoot bb guns, so they got all that stuff ready, but then a huge wind storm blew in and it ended up raining for a little bit so we just stayed in for awhile longer. When it finally cleared out, we all went up to Vons Park and shot at these balloons that they had tacked to this board.
 Even Grandma took a turn...
 Then we came home and got ready to go out to eat...we went to Olive Garden.
Ashton had picked out this cake for me at Sams Club with Lars the day before.
Lars said it was cute while he was standing there talking to someone, Ashton went and picked out which cake he thought I would like, came and put it in the cart...(it was huge!), then took it over to the counter and told the lady what to write on it (in pink of course). It made me smile to imagine him taking charge and doing all of that while Lars was busy chatting. :)
Anyway after dinner, we took the cake up to our favorite spot up Logan Canyon and met our friends the Villas and the Hansons.
 The kids all ran around playing forever and we made it through almost the whole cake!
It was yummy and I had a great day.
37 feels pretty good!

1 comment:

Susan O. said...

I'm glad I came down for your birthday. :) It was a fun, relaxing day. The shooting reminded me of my old "long gone" antelope hunting days!