Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pumpkin Head

So we had just gotten home from our walk this morning and I laid Gunnar on a blanket on the living room floor and Ashton was just playing there with him, so I ran downstairs for no more than 3 minutes when I hear Gunnar crying. Not so unusual if I leave the room, but this time it was one of those "I'm in pain" cries that had me running up the stairs fast to see what happened.
So what did I find you ask???

This...
Stuck on this...
Yes I mean stuck on Gunnar's head!!! His head wasn't all the way inside of it thank goodness, but it was kind of wedged into it so that I couldn't get it off for about 30 seconds and it really kind of freaked me out. And of course me freaking out freaked Ashton out, so he started bawling and saying over and over..."I was just playing with him, I was just playing with him!"

I was seriously picturing myself walking into the emergency room with this pumpkin bucket stuck on my baby's head!

Finally I kind of pryed his head out and he was of course still bawling, but not nearly as much as Ashton was. Gunnar calmed down after about a minute, but Ashton felt so bad he kept crying about it for a good half an hour. I think he thought he was in big trouble! He loves that pumpkin bucket and is always walking around with it on his own head, so I'm sure he thought it would be fun to see if it would actually fit onto Gunnar's smaller head. I truly know that Ashton wasn't trying to hurt him or anything, he was "just playing" like he said. Even with all of the acting out since Gunnar was born, he has always pretty much been nice to him and I know he wouldn't purposefully hurt him.

Of course I didn't stop to take a picture of the actual incident, so here is my lame attempt at re-enacting it...

The only mark that I can see that it left is this little welt by his right eye-the pumpkin was kind of wedged on there sideways. Anyway it doesn't show up too well in this picture. Luckily he survived...I told Lars about it and after finding out he was okay he laughed and said if this is the worse thing one of them ever does to the other than we are in good shape!

4 comments:

Jody said...

That is way to funny.... What a big brother just trying to help Gunnor look just like him.... The things they come up. I would of freaked out too..

Jody said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassidy said...

that is seriously so funny. geez. I could see brody doing that. so funny. it is so funny how during moments like this we as moms are freaking out and really all will be well. i know i just think the worse.

annilee said...

That is so sad, but since it ended up o.k. it makes a funny story!!! Love the blog! Thanks for inviting me!