Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My date night with Ashton

This past week Ashton has been filling up a sticker chart when we catch him doing something nice (like being nice to Gunnar, playing nicely with friends, not hitting, doing things we ask him to without fighting etc...), so after he put 10 stickers on he earned a night out with me (he would have rather it been Lars) but I was excited to spend a night with just him. So he and I went to the little miniature golf course that is here in Providence and I knew he would love it because it's all decked out in Halloween decorations and "scary guys". He is loving everything Halloween so far this year. And he really likes the really scary looking life size decorations. There is a big dead looking guy at Sam's Club that takes his face off and he'd sit and watch it for an hour if I let him! No fear whatsoever! So after dinner we got dressed in some warmer clothes since it's really starting to cool down at night here and he and I went off on our date. I forgot how fun it was to just be with him like we always used to be. It's amazing too how different he acts when it's just him and me. I had to laugh as we were getting out of the truck when we got there-he says to me "This might be kinda boring Mommy." I don't think he had a clue what miniature golf was. So after we paid and got our clubs and balls, we went over to the little practice area and hit the balls into the holes a few times. He thought that was fun for about 3 minutes, then he decided he wanted to leave his ball and club at the first hole. Oh well-he had fun going from one hole to the next just looking at all of the fun decorations. He decided he wanted his club back when we got to the 17th hole I think-so we went back up and got him another one and he hit the ball a few more times. Then he wanted a treat, so he got a popcicle and a orange pop. A big treat for him since he rarely gets pop. He loved all of the Halloween songs they had playing too and kept dancing. I love to watch him when fun music comes on, because he just can't stop his body from dancing! Oh I love my Ashton and it was so fun to have him all to myself again if only for an hour or so.

3 comments:

Angie said...

How fun!!! Is that the one that's back behind the Dairy Queen? It's looks like a blast with all the decorations. Too bad Ashton didn't want to golf, but it's great that you got some alone time with him.

(I somehow lost your email address. If you would, send me an email and I'll respond to your pumpkin location question from my blog.)

Happy Friday!

fourballerinas said...

That's so cute. Brady date's the girls but I think I need a turn too. I'm glad you went out with him. That's a good idea about the sticker chart. We see that same dude at Sam's but it makes my girls squirm and cry. I just laugh at them and tease and torture them by putting them up close to his face. He's growing up so fast and is so adorable.

Cassidy said...

seriously so fun. what a great idea. Hey i need you to email me the name of that book. I really want to go and get it. Where did you get it at? anyway i can't wait til i am up again. i had a lot of fun.