Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy??? Halloween

Halloween is finally here and it started out pretty much like I thought it might. "Is it time to go trick-or-treating yet??? Why not? When do we get to go? Why does it have to be dark???" Ashton is just way to excited for it to finally happen. So he was pretty grumpy all morning knowing that it is Halloween, but that nothing is really happening yet. Lars wanted me to go by his work with the boys in their costumes, so we got ready to do that this morning and of course when it was time go Ashton didn't want to. But I made him anyway so we could at least get out of the house for a little while to kill some time before it's time to go trick-or-treating for real tonight. So after we went there and showed off their costumes (and already got way too much candy) I decided on the way home to go take some pictures of them. Of course Ashton was really excited about that. He stayed in the car for the first 10 minutes while I tried to get some cute shots of Gunnar, then I finally got him to put his costume back on and come out and I got about 3 shots of him before he was done.
As you can see Ashton's costume of choice is a ghost. He has been SO excited to finally get his costume, so I finally gave it to him after preschool yesterday. He had fun wearing it around yesterday trying to scare Gunnar and waiting impatiently for Lars to get home from work, so he could jump out and scare him.
Now he keeps asking me when the "real ghosts" are going to come out. He must have asked me that a long time ago and I don't remember saying it, but he says that I told him they come out after dark. So part of the reason he is so excited to go out tonight after dark is because he really thinks he's going to see some real ghosts flying around! Oops!
Hey maybe he will!Here is Gunnar in the monkey costume that Ashton wore his first Halloween...
(eating the leaves again)The lighting must have been a lot different the day I took the pictures of Ashton-it looks like it's a totally different color on Gunnar.
Here they both are...Anyway hopefully now that the day is finally here we can all go out and have some fun tonight and even get back in time to hand out some candy at our own house!

3 comments:

fourballerinas said...

That is the cuttest ghost costume I've ever seen. And Gunnar looks so cute as the monkey. Hope you have fun trick or treating. We are exhausted from a long night out. But, it was fun. I'm finding that Halloween is funner now than it was as a kid. I love seeing my kids have fun. That is REAL joy!!
AUdrey

Angie said...

so cute! I love the one of Ashton peeking around the tree in his costume. That's just what ghosts are supposed to do, right!?!

Hope you had a good night trick-or-treating!

Erica said...

Those are adorable. Hey we have about 10 times that amount of candy so please come get some.
You've turned into quite the photographer.