Monday, October 6, 2008

Our yearly fall photo shoot


Every year pretty much since Lars and I got married, we've gone up Logan Canyon to take pictures in the fall leaves. I LOVE fall! So tonight we finally got around to doing it with the boys. We were hoping that the colors would still be bright after all of the rain we've gotten the past few days. We found a pretty good spot...the hard part was getting the boys to cooperate. Gunnar was pretty happy for most of them, but we had to bribe Ashton to get him to take a few good ones. I kept trying to get him to sit on the ground in the leaves with Gunnar (since Gunnar can't sit up on his own yet) but he never would. Right before we left we talked him into sitting on this rock with Gunnar in front of him and I actually got two good shots before they'd both had it. After we finally got done we took Ashton to King's (as we had promised) to pick out 1 little toy and a couple of Halloween decorations for the outside of the house. By then Gunnar was starving, so I sat in the truck & fed him while Lars and Ashton went in and picked out some spider webbing and spiders and a little toy gun/phone/keychain/etc... set for $2. Then we were all starving, so we went over and ate at Subway, then came home. It was kind of a fun night! And I was excited that I actually got a few pictures that turned out cute.
Here are some more of my favorites...

Ashton the photographer

6 comments:

Lindee said...

so cute jess, and good job getting the fam pic by yourself!

Angie said...

These pictures are adorable! I'm impressed at the family photo -- my kids definitely need someone standing behind the camera making funny faces to keep them interested. Great job!

horsehug said...

Jessica,

I absolutely love all these pictures of my adorable babies! :-)

Mom

Mandy said...

Your pics always turn out so good! You seriously need to get into photography!!

Nora said...

DIL, thanks for sharing your loving family with us, we loved the fall pictures!FIL & MIL

Erica said...

Those are such cute family photos. I need to come up and chat with you instead of just wave. Way cute background.