Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day...

To all of you Moms out there!
Especially mine and my Step-Mom and Lars' Mom! Hope you all had a great day. We love you!
I had a great Mother's Day weekend. Lars let me sleep in on Saturday which really would have been gift enough since it NEVER happens anymore. Then he watched the boys all morning while I did some more scrapbooking. Then we got ready and drove to Layton for the afternoon and went to Red Lobster & Target. We mostly celebrated on Saturday because on Sunday Lars cooked at our church's Mother's Day Brunch and I had to count money for church in the afternoon. After all that was done (and I somehow survived church by myself with my two wild, LOUD boys)
Here they are on our way to church...Gunnar finally in a big boy carseat for good!

...we headed up to First Dam and had a picnic. Ashton and Gunnar were being so cute while we ate our sandwiches and in the car on the way home. Just laughing at eachother and Ashton was sharing his sandwich and chips with Gunnar so nicely...

Ashton was laughing so hard at Gunnar because he was trying to pull his sock off with his teeth..

I just kept looking back at them and once again realizing how blessed I am to have them. Mother's Day is an important holiday to me not only because I like to remind our Moms how important they are to us, but also I waited a long time to be a Mom and there was a time that I thought I would never get to be one, so I think it's a big day to celebrate! At the end of the day when Ashton was getting ready to go to bed he came and gave me my hug and said "Happy Mudders Day Mommy...I love you!" What could be a better end to the day than that?

1 comment:

horsehug said...

I agree, Jessica! What could be a better end to the day than that? :-)

Ashton and Gunnar are so adorable!

Mom