Thursday, May 14, 2009

Love at First Sight...

So yesterday I had to run a couple errands in town and we stopped in to Old Navy. If you've been there lately you've seen all of the mannequins at the entrance or if not you've probably seen them in all of the recent Old Navy commercials. It was funny a couple weeks ago when Gunnar was really into saying "Hi" to everyone we saw anywhere, we went in to Old Navy and he was so excited to see all of the smiling (fake) faces looking right at him and he went crazy looking from one to the next saying
"hi, hi, hi, hi, hi!"
Anyway yesterday Ashton ran right up to look at all of the mannequins. One little girl one in particular. I couldn't drag him away from her. Finally I got him to leave her side to go try on a couple things, then when I went to check out he ran right back over to her. Pretty soon he started hugging her and I hear him talking to her and telling her he loves her! Ha! Then it's time to leave and he gives her a big smooch on the mouth and tells her
"Bye little girl...I'll see you next time, I love you."
The girl at the check-out was laughing so hard!
Man I love this kid! He never fails to keep us laughing! All I had was my cell phone, but I hurried and grabbed it to snap this picture.
Funny kid!
On a side note, he's been playing a lot with the little girl that moved in next door a couple months ago. She's 5 1/2, but they play so good together. The other day I knew he must have been playing with her when he asked me "Mommy, what's "in love" mean?"
Too funny how different girls are than boys!

4 comments:

Amy said...

That is so stinkin funny. Boys are so funny, its hilarious how they start to notice girls and stuff. Ethan was telling me the other day his webkinz split up, who knows where that came from. I am such a blogging slacker huh:) We really need to get together soon!! Your boys are so cute.

Tallie Geddes said...

Jessa will be jealous! Way cute!

fourballerinas said...

That is hilarious. It's so funny when they realize their first crush. Kayla was in kindergarten and I would find little notes that she would write to this boy. Ashton probably loved her in that bikini and tan skin. Now you know his type!! Very cute!! Is he going to be in Kindergarten next year???
Audrey

fourballerinas said...

Wow! I can't believe Ashton has his training wheels off. We have tried to get Kayla to try but she just hasn't been interested. She is almost 7- going into second grade and still has training wheels. That's another BIG difference between girls and boys. We decided though that it wasn't worth pushing her. She'll want to when she wants to and we decided that it didn't matter- not something worth fighting about. Way to go Ashton!! You're awesome!!!!!!!!
Audrey