Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mothers Picnic last week...

All last week at Ashton's school they celebrated Moms and on Thursday we were all invited to a Mother's picnic at the park with the kids. Ashton and I had to bring something for sharing that we like to do together so we decided to bring our paper bag puppets that we'd made together a few months ago since one of his favorite things to do with me is craft projects. We picked up some lunch on the way, then headed over to Willow Park.
After we ate our lunch the teachers gave the kids their Mom gifts that they had made to give to us. Here's what Ashton made for me. I love it! Can't you just see "Cheeeeeeese" coming out of him when they took this picture of him?
Then it was time to go play so Ashton headed straight for the swings of course. Since he's learned how to swing in a "big boy" swing, that's all he wants to do at the park. Of course he still wants someone to push him because he hasn't quite mastered pumping yet. His teacher Jasmine was pushing him for awhile while I was pushing Gunnar. Then I had to laugh when I went over to push him, she said to me that he said he didn't think he was allowed to have an underdog (you know where you push them high and run underneath them)! He'd never had one before and didn't really know what it was since I'd never done it before knowing that once I did that would be all he'd ever want me to do! ha!(I'm such a mean Mom!)
So after we laughed about it, she gave him one and he was so excited to come home and tell Lars that Teacher Jasmine gave him an underdog!
Gunnar was having lots of fun swinging too. Thanks for the pushes Jace!
All the kids loved it when they got out the parachute......then after playing a little more it was time to head home.
I can't belive in a couple weeks Ashton's first year of preschool will be over!

1 comment:

Ballard Family said...

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, We have been painting the computer room and my computer has been unplugged and cover with plastic for a couple of days! Anyway, we don't really have any plans tomorrow (except MORE painting) so if you still want to maybe we could try to meet at a park.