Monday, May 4, 2009

Weekend Stuff...

This past weekend we got a babysitter Friday night and went out with our friends Mat and Lori that we haven't hung out with for a long time. We went to Firehouse for dinner, then we talked the guys into going to see Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. I thought it was pretty cute, but I think Lars could have done without it.
Saturday we had plans to meet Lars' family at the zoo in Salt Lake, but it rained HARD most of the day, so we decided to meet at the Gateway instead and take the kids to the Discovery Children's Museum. What a fun place! If you haven't been and you're down that way, you should definitely check it out. It had so many fun things for the kids to do. And honestly I'm kind of glad it rained because although the zoo would have been fun too, this place was way more up Ashton's alley. He loved all the hands on stuff.

Getting his groceries at the little store...And ringing them up...After we'd been there for a couple hours we took off and went to P.F. Changs for lunch, then went back and let them play some more. I think Gunnar loved it as much as the rest of them! Here he is on the world's slowest slide...loving every second of it!My moment as a weather girl...Our family broadcasting the news...Ashton was cracking us up with his little broadcast...I could totally see this as his job when he grows up...Or a talk show host! You all know how he never stops talking...It was a fun day! Thanks for meeting us you guys :)

On our way home we stopped off at Nielsen's frozen Custard (I think that's what it's called). Some of Lars' friends told us to go there, so we tried it out. It was good, but we still like hard ice cream better :)

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend! I use to love the Children's Museum when I was a kid.

Ballard Family said...

How fun! I need to take my kids to that place I think they would love it! Whats your week looking like? It looks like the weather might be a little better in the next couple days, maybe we can finally meet at the park or something!

Lindee said...

Awesome! I've never been there, I wonder if Addy would like it, or if she would be too afraid to go off on her own? Cute pics of the boys. Their faces crack me up, they must have had a blast!

Jody said...

So fun!! Sorry you didn't make it to the zoo! The Children's Museum is a thumb's up though!! My kids love the water thing and buying the groceries!! Ashton and Gunnar look like they had a blast!! Cold Stone is the only ice cream!! Do you agree?

Cassidy said...

so is it in gateway? I would love to take brody there. I think he would love it to. So cute and fun. I gunnar to the point where seating in carts aren't cutting it anymore and he wants to run everywhere? I could scream.

Cassidy said...

so i am hoping that after we get our sprinklers in then i will just take a week and come up. I am just really nervous about taking the drive by myself. Bently makes me stressed. So that is what i am hoping for. soon i hope,the logan di has been calling my name. :)

Elizabeth said...

I knew Ashley would have made a comment about the Children's Museum because that place was great! I do not know how many times we went, but for some reason I remember the grocery store and getting to do the check out.

Angie said...

How fun! We loved the Gateway when we went there, too. I want to go again, though, because now Trevor will actually be able to have fun with all the activities. Glad the kids (and you) enjoyed it.