Friday, September 10, 2010

Goodbye diapers???

I hesitate to even do this post so as not to jinx our progress so far, but Gunnar is doing so good at potty training!! We started on Wednesday, just kind of out of the blue. I decided to just put underwear on him and see what happened. Up to this point he has had zero interest and really would protest if I asked him if he wanted to use the potty or wear his big boy undies. So that day he wore them, and the rest of the about 8 pairs that he owns. He peed or pooped in every last one of them. He would just stand there and say I peed! Or I'm peeing Mommy! So I threw them all in the wash and put a Pull-up on him for his nap. Then we started over with undies after he woke up. He actually did much better in the afternoon and only had a couple accidents.
Yesterday he did awesome!
Even did his first poop (which was SO exciting for all of us!)
Each time he goes pee he gets 2 Reeses Pieces... ...and for poops he gets a chocolate kiss (or a BIG chocolate chip as he calls it). This morning he even woke up completely dry! I was shocked. And today he's done really well again all day. I put another Pull-up on him for our walk and he came back dry in it too. He's so cute running back and forth to the potty all excited in his tiny little undies. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed and not turning back now. Ashton was just over 2 when he was completely trained day and night, so maybe we can get Gunnar done by 2 1/2? Cross your fingers with me!
Oh and we have plenty of toilet paper to use in this process...
(This is what kept Gunnar busy the other day while I was getting ready)

2 comments:

horsehug said...

This post is wonderful, cute and hilarious all rolled into one! He is so cute and so smart and loves chocolate almost as much as his horsey Grandma :) Yay for Gunnar!! :)

Jody said...

SOOOOO JEALOUS!! Can I send Jenna over? Way to go GUNNAR and MOM!