Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Labor Day weekend...

We spent Labor Day weekend in Price this year. Besides an extra long ride there due to all the traffic, it was a fun weekend!
The boys love to go there and see Nana & Papa, Aunt Shelley and Uncle Mat and their cousins Ali and Hunter.
Ashton and Hunter have so much fun together and Ali loves to entertain Gunnar.
We went up to Huntington Lake on Saturday and did something I've never done with chicken before.
Caught crawdads! Oh my gosh, the boys thought this was the greatest thing ever.
In case you've never had the pleasure, you just tie a raw chicken leg onto some string and dangle it down in the water until a crawdad grabs on, then you pull him up...
It was pretty fun actually. Then we barbecued hotdogs and hamburgers.
It was a beautiful day there.
The rest of the time we mostly just relaxed at the house.
Thanks Nana & Papa!!

3 comments:

Jody said...

You lived in CRAWDAD heaven! I can't believe you never went down at the ponds!! So much "Free Fun." We have more than just FIREWORKS!! lol.. The boys look so happy! There is nothing like some good cousin fun! Hope all is well.

horsehug said...

Sounds like you had a great time!! I always love all the pictures to go with your trips :)
Jody, I had no idea we had them here!! Thanks for the idea!! :)

Mandy said...

Why did you not BBQ the craw dads? I remember every year, Scott at Morcon would fly in crawdads and have a big party. I never tried one though - I thought the smell alone was disgusting. Glad the boys had fun - I'm sure dylan would love it too!