Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bear Lake trips...

So far this summer, the boys and I have spent two days at Bear Lake. The first time we went, we met my Mom and Kelli over there at Cafe Sabor to celebrate my Mom's birthday a few days early, then we went and hung out on the North Beach for the rest of the afternoon.
It was such a fun day. The boys love it over there and really will just play for hours in the sand and water.


We built this little sand castle, then put our "King and Queen" turtles in it :)

That day we stayed till about 6:00, then I finally decided it was time to pack up and head out. It had been a perfect beautiful day all day. We got all of our stuff packed into the car and I got the boys in and was just buckling Gunnar in when out of nowhere this HUGE wind blew in, blowing sand EVERYWHERE! I was so glad we had packed up when we did, but I felt bad for all the people still out there racing to get packed up and to their cars. Then it POURED the entire way home that night.
Then next time we went with Aurora and her kids for Dante's birthday on July 27th. We went back to about the same spot and had another fun day.
I love these pictures....the kids had all just gone and sat on their towels like that. I thought it was so cute!

After they had played and played, they started to get a little bored...so I did a scavenger hunt for them and they thought it was so fun! Then we took a few more pictures and headed home
We love Bear Lake! We get to go this weekend again with the boys and stay 2 nights. We actually were going to cancel because of Lars' injury, but decided that he can sit around over there just as easily as he can here, and it's been scheduled for months and is the last weekend before school starts back up, so we are GOING! And so excited :)

1 comment:

horsehug said...

That was a fun and yummy birthday lunch with you and Kelli and Ashton and Gunnar :) Thanks! :)