Tuesday, August 9, 2011

God Sightings....

Last week at Vacation Bible School one of the things that the kids did every day within their own little crews was talk about and write down their "God Sightings". They were given black rubber wristbands that said "Watch for God" and each day they were supposed to say something that reminded them of God. They would say things like the sky, or a tree or a cloud. One day it was so cute I heard Gunnar go up to Lars and say "You're my God sighting today Daddy." I loved it...he is such a little sweetie!

Anyway lots of times during my days I see things or hear things that remind me that God is always there. Today we are in Salt Lake getting ready for Lars to have his second surgery to repair his re-torn achilles tendon. We met with the surgeon today and it's all set up for tomorrow. So back to my "God Sightings" from today. After we went to a movie, we checked into our hotel and then we went to eat at Red Lobster. Right when we walked in, we both noticed the only other person in the waiting area was a teenage boy with a prosthetic leg...his left leg as a matter of fact. Then coming in right behind us was a man in a wheelchair. Immediately I just felt like God put those two people there right at that time to show us that it can always be worse and everything is going to be fine. Then as we waited a couple minutes I could see the TV on in the bar area and on the screen was a Breaking News story...I believe it was titled something like "Urgent...Somalia Food Shortage" and it was showing so many people suffering. To me yet another sign of how much worse things could be and another reminder to never take a single day for granted. God is all around us...I see him in the faces of my boys every day, but also in so many other things. I am so grateful for my faith and pray that all goes well for Lars tomorrow.


2 comments:

The Hoths said...

Loved this post. I am going to try alot harder to find my "God sightings" everyday. Thanks for the reminder! Good luck with surgery tomorrow!

horsehug said...

I'm so sorry about Lar's injury again and will pray that the time goes fast and is not too hard on him or any of you.
Loved hearing all the neat things about the boys and VBS :)