Monday, November 7, 2011

Halloween night...

We lucked out this year and had beautiful weather on Monday night for Trick-or-Treating, I kept thinking it was going to get really cold and it never did.
(not until the next day!)
Ashton and Gunnar were so excited to get out and start knocking on doors! They wouldn't even hardly stand still for a picture...
(Gunnar would not stand up, until I went in and stood with him...)
First we went over to our neighbors' (the Smiths) for our annual chili dinner...(we figured out we've been doing it for about 6 years now!). Emily is always so nice to make a huge pot of chili & other yummy stuff and have a bunch of us over.
Such a fun tradition!
Then it was time to go get some candy.
We lasted longer this year than last and probably made it to about 20 or so houses.
Our funny neighbor Brett...I mean Marge Simpson! haha! 
Then Gunnar had a little meltdown and it was time to head home...
I was glad Ashton stuck with us this year the whole time instead of trying to take off with friends. As usual they were both excited to get home and set up their chairs to hand out candy :)
Gunnar checking out his stash...of course excited about the CHOCOLATE!
It was a fun night, and they're already talking about what they want to be next year!
Oh I was a leopard this year.
Since I was in charge of Ashton's Halloween party at school, I figured I better come up with something :)

3 comments:

Susan O. said...

What a fun Halloween! My favorite pictures each year are the ones of them sitting on the little chairs waiting for trick or treaters. That is so cute!

Grandma

annilee said...

So cute!!! I love them all. What cute costumes. And I love Ashtons School pic, I usually don't get that lucky on school pics! :)

Erica said...

Their outfits were so cute. Glad you had a fun Halloween and got to spend some time with your dad.