Sunday, November 20, 2011

Gunnar is Child of the Week!

 This last week it was Gunnar's turn at his preschool to be "Child of the Week." So we (I mean I) made him a fun poster (with lots of my favorite pictures of him doing his favorite things:) to bring to hang up in his class all week, then on Thursday we baked some chocolate chip cookies to bring and share...
 ...and I came in for the last 20 minutes to help him show his poster,
 ...and his little Lego spinners he chose to bring.
He also got to wear his beloved green kickball shirt! Here he is showing it off...
oh how he loves it!
I love stuff like this...I love that he gets to feel special, I love making a huge poster full of his cuteness,
I love making cookies with him as he sneaks chocolate chips, I love going into his class and seeing how he acts there (pretty shy by the way)...
I LOVE being this little boy's Mom.
I feel so grateful every day.
Some things I want to remember about these times with Gunnar as a 3 1/2 year old...
Most days for the longest time (until recently) very early in the morning he would call out for me and I'd come crawl into his bed with him and snuggle and sleep till it was really time to get up. Then we would get up and go lay on the couch and "watch a kid show". I will so miss these mornings...I often think I should get up and immediately be productive (I know our mornings would go better), but I know I will never look back and regret spending the morning snuggling with my cute little boy rather than making beds or unloading the dishwasher...
After we get Ashton off to school, we've been coming back and going for a walk/run...I get Gunnar all snuggled into the stroller with ALL of his favorite blankets, a snack and a drink and he's happy to go along and let me get my exercise in. Sometimes I really have to make myself go, but it ALWAYS makes my day go better.
Then after we get back, he's recently been talking me into playing the wii with him for awhile. Eventually I get around to doing my chores, but not before we do a few races on the Cars game he loves :)
He made me laugh the other night...he and Ashton started arguing about who was going to bath in Mommy & Daddy's big tub and Gunnar yells "No I am, because I'm Mom's CUTEST!"
Gunnar you are such a silly, funny, snuggly, happy (but oh so moody sometimes!), adorable little boy...and like I say all the time, I am so going to miss these days with you.
You did not sleep good last night...not really sure why, but you kept crying out. Eventually at about 2:00, I went in and slept with you the rest of the night till about 7:45. You were still tired all morning and just wanted me to hold you all through church. Then you fell asleep in the car right before Daddy got home with you. But wouldn't stay asleep when he got you out. So I decided it was a good day for a nap for me and you. You fought it and fought it but after we were laying in your bed for about 20 minutes we both fell asleep for 2 hours. It felt so nice...we never nap anymore!
I love you Gunnar :)

1 comment:

Susan O. said...

He's Adorable!

Grandma