Saturday, February 23, 2013

A very snowy run!

I'm trying to once again be more consistent with my exercising after being so sick for weeks, then surgery last month. So Gunnar and I went for a walk/run every day but Monday this week and I was looking forward to a run by myself this morning. So when I got up I looked outside and was glad to see it hadn't snowed, so I got my running clothes on and opened the garage and got ready to head out. Of course by that time it had started to snow lightly. But it wasn't super cold, so I decided to go anyway and at first it was fun to run in the light snow.
Well after about 10 minutes it started coming down HARD! So hard that I could hardly see and it had the roads and me completely covered! I kept wiping off my sunglasses, but it was like windshield wipers that wouldn't work, so I just tried to look down and ran as quickly as I could to get back home without falling. My face and neck hurt so bad from the pelting snow by the time I got home.
I knocked on the door and told Gunnar to go get Lars to take a picture...
I'm sure people thought I was crazy as they drove by me!
It hasn't stopped snowing all day since then...
I'm so looking forward to running in nice weather.


1 comment:

Susan O. said...

I'm glad you made it home without falling! I know how you feel! I'm SO looking forward to doing all my horse chores in nice summer weather also! :)