Sunday, February 3, 2013

Hyrum Ice Fishing tournament...

We wanted to go to the Sulphur Creek ice fishing tournament like we have lots of times in the past, but since Lars is coaching Ashton's basketball team this year, we had to be back by 4:00 and that wouldn't have worked if we were in Evanston.
So there happened to be a tournament in Hyrum on the same day this year and it's only about 10 minutes from our house, so we decided to enter it this year.
It was really cold when we got there before the sun popped up while we were waiting around for 8:00 when we could start fishing, but as soon as the sun came out it got really nice.
 Wearing my lucky pink coat & holding up my lucky pink ice fishing rod & pink jig :) 
We ended up catching over 30 fish all day, and had a guy measure one that was 1/2 an inch shy of being big enough to qualify at 14 1/2 inches long.
Other than that, not a single fish was big enough to measure!
Oh well...it was so fun to get out and we caught more than anyone else around us. At one point a little boy came over and said "Hey...it's me and my Dad's first time ice-fishing and he wanted me to ask you what you're using?" haha...
Too bad lots of them were little guys like this...
It got really foggy for a little while, I think it looks so cool in the picture of Lars.
Nana and Papa came to stay and watch the boys for the day. Hunter came with them, so they all had a fun day going to McDonald's and the fun park.
I'm glad we got to go...I've only been out one other time this year right before Christmas and all of the sickness!

No comments: