Sunday, May 12, 2013

Color Vibe 5K!

A couple months ago, I signed up for this fun race and have been pretty motivated to run every other day or so to prepare for it.
It ended up being lots of fun! Especially going with the fun girls I went with...
we had a great time!
(waiting in line to start...we got there early enough that we were in the first bunch)
 We were all given 1 color packet with our registration, we decided to use them while we waited :)
 Lars brought the boys out to watch and to take some pictures before it started...I don't think they knew what to think of their crazy Mom!
 All colored up, getting ready to run!
 And we're off!
 Maybe about halfway there...Lars was standing there taking more pictures :)
 We did it! And we were a sweaty mess...
No clue how long it took us because it wasn't timed. It was however a pretty rough course running through bumpy fields out at the American West Heritage Center.
Anyway, so glad I signed up for it. The proceeds went towards the Cache Valley for Hope Cancer Foundation, so I was happy to pay the $40 fee for a good cause :)
I was happy we got done in time for my friends to drop me off @ Gunnar's soccer game, even though I was such a mess. Ashton couldn't believe my hair...haha :)
It all came out just fine though...even my white shirt is bright white again after washing it!
Now I need to sign up for something else to keep my motivation going. And really I need to start pushing myself more, so it starts to seem easier at some point!


1 comment:

Jana said...

It was such a blast!!!