Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Proud of Ashton :)

I went into Ashton's class this morning to volunteer for the last time for this year. I have been going in every Tuesday morning at 9:40 to check in and out their little reading books and listen to the kids read to me.
I have loved going in to help out and am sad 2nd grade is almost over!
I just have to do this quick post to say how very proud I am of Ashton. His teacher Mrs. Olson (who I have loved having as a teacher for him), stopped me on my way out and went on and on about how well Ashton has done in her class and how much she's enjoyed having him and what a great writer he is, and how wonderful his penmanship is and how he's just such a great well rounded kid!
It really made my day to hear those words and I am just so proud of him :)
He was getting in trouble in class a little at the beginning of the year (as he does when he gets bored sometimes!), so it was just great to hear that he really turned it around and has done so well the past few months.

Good job Ashton!
I was searching for a recent picture to put with this post and found this one from last week...he is also mowing the lawn now!
When I looked out and saw this, I couldn't help but think of so many days of him as a tiny little boy watching Lars and all of our different neighbors mowing their lawns, and even when no one was mowing Ashton was talking about lawnmowers and mowing. He'd say...Should we mow the lawn? And if I'd say no, he's say well should we water the lawn so it can grow so we can mow? He was obsessed! Made me happy to see him so excited about it again now that he is finally big enough to really mow the lawn!
 Oh and of course he loved to trim the edges too :) 
 He even wanted to have a bag on his just like Daddy's...I had forgotten all about that until I saw this picture :)
I sure miss those days... 



2 comments:

Ashley said...

What a great post! It is so much fun that you have all those pictures of the boys growing up. I still can't believe how big he has gotten!

Susan O. said...

These pictures of him when he was tiny with his lawn mowers are so adorable. I remember those days so well. :) I'm so proud of how well he is doing now that he is 8 also! :)