Monday, May 6, 2013

Wednesday in NY...

On Wednesday Lars and I got up and walked down to a different place and got breakfast, then when he left for the trade show for the day I got in the shower. I knew that the wife of one of the guys from Lars' work that was also out there was going to show up really early that morning and we had plans to get together later that morning after she got some sleep. So after I got ready she ended up texting me and said she couldn't really sleep and was ready to head out. We met down at the Jamba Juice that I was so happy was right next door to our hotel!
I got my jamba, then we went over to the subway entrance and figured out how which one to get on that would take us down to Chinatown and Little Italy.
We wandered around down there for quite awhile, mostly trying to get out of Chinatown and into Little Italy.
We had a hard time even finding anyone to ask which way to go that we thought spoke English. Anyway Chinatown was interesting for sure, but not anywhere I'd really want to go again.
Tons of interesting food...
I thought the way they cut these pineapples was so cool...
Wonder what they use this for??
This big dragon was cool...it went on for a long ways...
 I don't think a single person there smiled at us or spoke to us besides a guy in a store that told us to not take pictures.
So when we walked a few streets over into Little Italy it was amazing how different it felt immediately.
 The air was fresh, people were smiling and laughing & it was just so much more inviting.
 Exactly how I would picture walking down a street in Italy. We walked around for a few minutes, then decided on a cute little Italian place to eat lunch outside. It was such a beautiful day, so much warmer than Tuesday! And yummy Italian food.
Stacey and I got along great and had lots of fun catching up. We'd hung out at the guys' work Christmas parties a couple times before.
After we ate we continued to wander around, I think we ended up walking through Soho and Greenwich village & went in a couple stores.
At one point we walked past a food stand and there was a huge line of people waiting at it, so I walked up to the front to see what had so many people waiting & it was Belgian waffles with toppings.
They looked so good and I was wishing I wasn't so stuffed from lunch! I took a picture and made sure I looked it up online that night so that we could try to find it again later :)
Anyway eventually we got back on the subway and made our way back to Times Square in time for when the guys were getting done with the show.
That night we found a Cuban restaurant to try out and it was GOOD!
 I loved these plantain chips and salsa and we also tried some really good ceviche.
After dinner we walked around some more and Lars was craving some NY cheesecake, so we found a place and got some. It was really good too.
I was laughing at the old guy serving it, he kept saying "Come get yummy, yummy, creamy, creamy cheesecake!"
 We were so tired, we didn't stay out too much later after that, just went back to our room and went to bed. I couldn't fall asleep forever with all the noise!


No comments: