Friday, May 31, 2013

Mother's Day...2013

I just realized I forgot to post about Mother's Day. One of my favorite days of the year :)
I got to sleep in till 8:00 (yes that is sleeping in these days!) then woke up to Lars and the boys bringing me breakfast in bed and all of their cute homemade gifts...my favorite!
 

 (excited to go get my massage and pedicure when I get a chance and finally get some new music for my ipod!)
We had gone to church the night before, so after we ate breakfast I just laid around for a couple hours. I never get to do that anymore, it was so nice!
Then we finally got up and got ready for the day and went up
Blacksmith Fork canyon and had a little bbq and the boys shot bb guns.
 I even shot one for the first time ever!
It was a beautiful day that and I just found myself being so grateful. Grateful for my own Mom who has taught me so very much through her example and words. And for my Stepmom and for Lars' Mom who raised a great son!
 And of course for God for blessing me with my two healthy boys making me a Mom after years of praying that I could be...to me it is the best job in the world!
Oh and Lars made this for our dessert...yum!


1 comment:

Susan O. said...

I'm glad you had such a good Mothers Day. You sure deserve it! :)