Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Mommy's helper

Yesterday I actually got Gunnar down for a nap in the morning, so Ashton and I went outside for a little while. I started trimming back some of my very overgrown bushes and pretty soon Ashton had gone and gotten his little green scissors and put on some of my gloves and started helping me. It was so cute! And so nice to actually get to spend some time with just him. We don't get to do that very often and I feel bad about it because he used to have me all to himself and I'm sure it's hard on him sometimes. Anyway he talked and talked and talked (shocking I know) but he was saying some cute things. At one point he was telling me "People have to help God clean up the world", and then after trimming one bush he said "Now God will keep our plant safe." Here are some pictures of my little helper...he was so proud of himself when we were done. Surprisingly his little scissors actually cut pretty well!



2 comments:

KJ said...

cuties, cuties

fourballerinas said...

So cute of Ashton. It's so fun when they get old enough to help out and they still think that it's fun and not work.