Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Praying for sleep!

Everyone pray that Gunnar will sleep through the night again-he had an awesome night last night after MANY not so good nights of eating every 2 hours again! Last night he slept from 9:00 pm till almost 5:00 am! And Ashton never woke up either!! Yay! I love my sleep!

Speaking of sleep...Ashton NEVER falls asleep in the car and I think he's trying to give up napping. Most days I still try to put him down and he lays in his bed talking to himself for half an hour or 45 minutes. So yesterday I decided to not even bother and we went to Walmart around 2:00. He sat in the cart and was sooo good the whole time. Right up until the check-out line at which point he kept messing with the thing that the bags are on that spins around. So I told him like 3 times to knock it off or I was going to take back his new spiderman pajamas that he was SOOOO excited about. So when he did it again, I took them from him and he had a huge meltdown! Of course there were about 5 people in line behind me as he's screaming his head off and the guy ringing us up couldn't figure out how to enter my giftcard and kept adding $20 on to my already big total! Finally I just told him I'd use it next time and he figured it out so we could leave! So after crying the whole way out to the car, he finally calmed down when I got him in his carseat and on the way home he actually fell asleep! Yes this is a miracle...the kid is usually still bouncing off the walls at 10:00 at night even with no nap. So I just had to share this news and a picture I took with my phone-

1 comment:

fourballerinas said...

Way to go Gunnar. They get really good when their in the their 3rd-4th month- then they get bad again at 5-6 because they are learning to sit up or they start to teeth. I've learned to just enjoy the good nights, bear the bad, and don't count on either because as soon as you figure them out, they change. We did a lot of those in the car cat naps with Kayla when she was transitioning out of naps. Savannah rarely takes a nap anymore. Hardly ever. I guess that's o.k. since we have to be home for Alyssa to take 2-3 naps, I'd hate to have to work one in for her too. Enjoy them while they're little.
Audrey