Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Positive Peer Pressure...

So last Thursday when I picked Ashton up from preschool he told me that a little girl in his class had brought a toy for a little kid who didn't have any presents to open for Christmas. I had completely forgotten that his school was contributing to Sub for Santa. So I asked him if he would want to get something for a kid who might not get presents for Christmas and he said yes...he wanted to pick out some pajamas for a little boy. So this past weekend I took him shopping and he picked out some superman pajamas and took them to school today. I was so proud of him! I love to see him learning...and also learning to give, even if he doesn't learn it from me...it was good for him to see another child give and want to do what she did!

We still have our daily struggles, but he's such a good kid and I can see a difference in him since he started school. He's doing great there and really learning how to interact with other kids better.
I had to laugh at another cute thing he said the other day. Gunnar has these cute little dark brown shoes with green frogs on them and he had them on as I was pushing him in the cart at Walmart and Ashton was walking along with me, and pretty soon he started trying to get Gunnar to laugh by kind of smacking his shoes and I noticed he kept repeating
"frogs in chocolate" over and over and Gunnar was laughing at him.
I love how creative he is!
That also reminds me of another funny thing he said to Lars the other day. Lars is getting him all geared up to go ice fishing (he's so excited...Lars I mean). So he was talking to him about it and Ashton kept saying "So Daddy how do we use that frog digger?" And Lars couldn't figure out what he was talking about and he said, "Ya know the thing we dig the holes in the ice with"...(which is called an Ogger), and yes I know that's probably not spelled right hunnie, but whatever...anyway I was laughing so hard that he was calling it a frog digger!
This age is so entertaining!

1 comment:

Cascio Photography said...

Thats so cute he wanted to help the little boy... teaching them young is the best way! He's so cute and smart :) Oh and I got your Christmas card today. SOOOO CUTE! I am starting to wonder if you really needed me to take pictures of them ;) you do a really good job!!