Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A lazy Valentine's Day

On Saturday we didn't even leave the house....It was so nice! When everyone was up I made heart shaped french toast with strawberries for breakfast-YUM!
Then Lars took the boys downstairs to play (and to set up my Valentine's gift...my new printer/scanner/copier!). We've been needing a new printer, but mostly every other day I was saying that it would be nice to have a scanner to scan old pictures or whatever in. I played with it for half the day that day...it is so fun!
The first thing I scanned in...Ashton's Valentine to me that he made at school :) In the meantime I set up Ashton's little treasure hunt upstairs for his and Gunnar's Valentines...
I just made up these little hearts and put them around the house in different places for Ashton to find, each one had a clue to find where the next one was. Gunnar's valentine (poor kid all he gets at this age is another sippy!)Eventually the hearts led him to this... Gunnar and his card :)
"reading" their cards...I think he (they) had fun with it.
Then for once we just hung out around the house the rest of the day...kind of fun to not have anywhere to be. I was telling Ashton that Valentine's day is all about love and he said
"I love you and Daddy and Gunnar...all of you to the moon."

2 comments:

horsehug said...

I LOVE the picture of them reading their cards! So cute!! What a neat Valentines Day you had for them :)
Oh and the french toast looked so yummy and cute!

Mom (Grandma:)

Jody said...

Great minds think alike we also had heart shaped french toast!! I wasn't as clever to do a treasure hunt though!! Great idea!!