Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Stuff

I'm trying to turn over a new leaf and not be such a Valentine's scrooge anymore. I've always thought that it was way too commercialized and just another reason for people to go out and spend money (don't get me wrong...I believe in love and showing the people you love that you love them, but have always thought, why do we need a certain day of the year to do it? We should be doing it everyday!) And I'd rather get flowers on some other random day of the year out of the blue (hint, hint hunnie) than on the day that everyone gives and gets them. But now that Ashton is old enough to understand (and Gunnar soon will be ) I want to make it fun for them and show them how much I really love them and use it as a day to teach them all about love. So I have a few fun (simple) things in store for Saturday and I've been being a little crafty the past few days making these. This is my everyday display that my friend Mandy got me for Christmas...It's so fun to change each month or season and I just put it on my entertainment center in my living room...Also the cards that I made for the Grandparents...with this cute picture inside. (hope they already came or I guess you won't be surprised when you open them!)
awww... brotherly love
I even decorated a little for the first time ever for Valentine's Day.

2 comments:

Jody said...

I love those decorations!! You are so talented!! HOpe that you have a great Valentine's Day!!

Mandy said...

Love the decorations! And your display looks so good!!