Thursday, February 5, 2009

Daddy week at preschool...

When I picked up Ashton from preschool last Thursday, he was so excited to tell me that it was going to be "Daddy Week" at school this week. His teacher sent him home with a big piece of paper that he was supposed to decorate with his Daddy with pictures of things they like to do together etc...Also a note to Moms telling them not to help. All I did was print out some pictures for them and they did the rest. It was cute to watch them putting it together and talking about all of the fun things they like to do together...here are just a few:
  • wrestle
  • go fishing
  • play super mario on the nintendo
  • mow & trim the lawn
  • dip graham crackers in milk
  • read books

and the list could go on and on! As I've said before Ashton LOVES his Daddy! Today I was getting him ready to go to school and usually on Thursdays they are supposed to bring something for sharing (or "show and tell" as we used to call it), so today I told him that he didn't need to bring anything because he was bringing Daddy to his class. He kind of smirked and said, yeah I can put my big Dad in my backback and take him to school, then put him in my cubby :) I could see him totally picturing it in his mind...he thought it was so funny!

They had so much fun...to Ashton it was one of the most exciting ideas ever to bring his own "big Dad" to school! I think he loved showing him off and telling the class all about their poster and what they like to do together.

I also just have to mention how proud I am of him the past couple of weeks...he has been so good! Of course we still have our fights when it's time to get dressed, but otherwise he has been so agreeable! It's almost like since he turned 4, he's kind of turned the corner as far as his behavior goes...he's a lot more mature about some things. It makes our days so much happier! Of course as soon as I post this I'm sure something will happen!

3 comments:

horsehug said...

What a fantastic thing for Ashton to get to take his daddy to school and show him off. I know he loves his daddy so much and I am so happy for him that he has such a good one :-)

Grandma

Jody said...

Sounds fun!! So glad that you married a great guy... (Or at least everything thing you write about him and from what I saw he is) So glad we married men who love to hang out with their children... Lars also married a great woman and therefore you make wonderful parents and have wonderful children.. What more could you ask for..

Jody said...

I can't believe that he can scrap book he must have watched you quit a bit.. Geoff would be like just help us. No one will ever know. Great job Lars and Ashton