Monday, February 23, 2009

So, Sooooo worth the wait!!!

Celine Dion...2009 I had so much fun last night! My friends Starlee, Tiffany, Randi and I went to Salt Lake
for the Celine Dion concert at the Energy Solutions Arena.

Starlee and I getting ready to head out to pick up the Tiff and Randi...
We had been waiting so long for this concert. Lars actually bought me 4 tickets for it and gave them to me not this past Christmas, but the Christmas before (2007)...when I was pregnant with Gunnar! He told me I could do whatever I wanted with the tickets, so at first I was going to take him and get another couple to go, but then I came to my senses and remembered that it's just way more fun to go to concerts with girls, so I took my friends instead. Sorry hunnie! Believe me he wasn't too heartbroken to miss out on Celine Dion! It had originally been scheduled for Nov. 21, 2008, but about a week before that day we got a message saying that it had been cancelled and rescheduled for Feb. 22, 2009! We had all been looking forward to it for so long that it was kind of disappointing, but we had the option to keep our tickets or turn them in for a refund. We of course still wanted to go, so we just kept the tickets and have been waiting and waiting for last night. And it was so worth the wait!

We had such a fun night...we all got a nice break from our kids and everyday life and got to just hang out and laugh. We went to dinner at P.F. Changs (which I had never been to before) and it was so good! I even valet parked for the first time ever! Ha!
I laughed harder than I have in a long time...it was so refreshing to hang out with my old Copper Rivet friends!
Randi and me at dinner...
Tiff and me...
After the concert-getting ready to head home...Silly girls! After dinner we headed over to park for the concert
(which by the way they are ripping people off!...it was $20 to park where we parked!!)
Oh well we didn't have to walk far and got there during the opening act which was some impersonater guy (never did catch his name), but he was hilarious impersonating and singing like everyone you could imagine.
Then Celine came out and sang for about an hour and a half. She was just as awesome as I thought she would be. No one has a voice like hers and singing live she sounds exacly like she does on the radio or on cd's ...so amazing! And all of her dancers and outfit changes...Wow! She just always seems so down to earth and sincerely grateful for her life and her fans too.
Our seats were about 5 rows from the top! But it didn't even matter.
The only thing I regret was not bringing my camera inside! It said on the tickets no cameras allowed, so being the rule follower that I usually am...I left it in the car! I was so mad...everyone else had cameras! I could have taken a little video to put on here too.
Oh well!
We had so much fun! Thanks girls for going with me (and for buying my dinner and paying parking-I'm getting you back for that!)...let's get our next one planned!
Oh and hunnie this was one of if not THE best Christmas gift you have ever given me! Thank you so so much and for staying home with the boys while I had my much needed girls night out!
Love ya!

4 comments:

Jody said...

Sounds like a great time!! How thoughtful of Lars!! You deserve someone to treat you so well....Did the boys survive without you??

Dan and Jayna said...

Jess, I had no idea that she had rescheduled. It sounded like a blast. I bet she was awesome. Your pictures are adorable. FUN!!!

Lindee said...

geez! someone needs to drop some hints to justin! looks like you had so much fun!

Ballard Family said...

How fun! Girls nights out are the best and are needed so much more as a mom! The pictures of your boys are darling. Good luck with the 1st Birthday sometimes those things can be so stressful! We really should do lunch someday. Here's my e-mail let me know if something works for you. justin_ash@msn.com