Sunday, April 5, 2009

Shopping, scrapbooking and sleep!

I did it!
Since everyone is feeling much better at our house...I used my hotel stay gift certificate last night and it was so nice! I left the house around noon and went to town and did a little shopping (got a new cd to listen to while I was there and it is now my favorite ...Lady Antebellum- It is SO GOOD!)...then grabbed a subway sandwich and checked in to my room at 3:00.

After I got all organized and took this dorky picture of myself in my room...
(the things I do for blogging..hahaha)
I started scrapbooking around 4:00 and didn't quit until almost midnight.
I got 25 pages done! I would have liked to do more because I'm still way behind,
but I was glad that I at least got some done.

Here are a few of them... By midnight I was so tired and so looking forward to a full night of sleep I decided to go to bed. Of course I had a hard time falling asleep and woke up a couple times during the night and couldn't sleep in past 8:00, but it was still nice.

So I got up and got ready and grabbed some breakfast, then decided that I was
scrapbooked-out, so I just cleaned up my huge mess
(oh and thanks Lindee for the use of your table...it worked out great!)...then I checked out and made it to church by 10:00.
Lars and the boys had fun (and survived without me...most importantly)...so now I know that I can do things like this more often! I missed them, but I think it was good for them to hang out just the boys too.
And it was so refreshing for me to have a break and some time all to myself. I would highly recommend it. Gunnar was so cute when I got home...his smile was priceless!
So happy to see me :) I love it!
I think Ashton was happy I was home too, but he was busy riding his scooter now that we finally got a nice day.
Thanks for another great gift hunnie and for watching the boys!

5 comments:

Jody said...

Looks like you had a great time!! I can't imagine a night all alone..(Not sure that I would sleep at all, I am such a whimp.) Cute scrapbooking!! Glad that you're all feeling better.. It's amazing that life without mom for awhile is possible!!

annilee said...

How fun! I loved all of your pages! I am always a better mom, when I have had time to myself! Good for you!

Angie said...

How fun Jessica! So glad that you took advantage of the great gift and took some time for yourself. Every mom needs that once in awhile! Great pages for your scrapbooks, too!

How fun would it be to do a girls night like that... no men, no kids, but a full night of just shootin' the crap, crafting (in whatever sort you want to) and enjoying the girlfriends!

Cassidy said...

ok so i had no idea you were THIS INTO scrapbooking. We need to do this one night. In september usually there is this scrapbook expo in sandy and i could come up and we could go all day friday and then sleep over on sat. they also will let yoiu bring all of your stuff and just scrap there. do you have any idea how freaking fun that would be. think about it.

Lindee said...

way cute pages! if i buy you a hotel night, will you do my scrapbooking?