Thursday, April 2, 2009

Living in the sick house...

This past weekend I started to get a really bad sore throat, but just kept taking ibuprofen and was so busy with company and Gunnar's party that it didn't bug me too bad till I went to bed. It's been about the worse sore throat I've ever had. Other than that I didn't really have any symptoms...just body aches. But I have kids and a house to take care of so as we Moms tend to do I didn't pay too much attention. Then Lars got it a couple days ago and we all know how guys are when they are sick. I may as well have a third child! No really I feel bad for him because it is really painful and he has all of the cold symptoms too...so luckily he decided it was bad enough to go to the doctor today just in case it wasn't just a cold and sure enough it's strep throat! So the doctor prescribed antibiotics for both of us and now Ashton has been acting sick off and on today too (of course not when it was time for preschool!...I wish I hadn't sent him now) because tonight he has had a fever of almost 103.5! I'll be taking him and Gunnar in as soon as I can in the morning to get checked, but chances are they both have it too. Gunnar has had what I thought was a start of a cold the past couple days. YUCK!
And I was supposed to finally go use my gift certificate from Christmas for my hotel stay by myself to scrapbook tomorrow night. Oh well I guess it probably won't happen unless miraculously everyone is feeling much better. Guess I'll reschedule it again for later.
The other bad news is that Lars' Mom fell and broke her leg yesterday! They at first thought that they would only have to cast it, but she ended up having to have surgery today and is being told that she won't be able to be on it for 3 months!! I feel so bad for her. I guess she was out on their porch for a few minutes and a big gust of wind came and blew the screen door into her and knocked her off the porch! When they called yesterday I was really hoping it was a bad April Fools joke, but no such luck! We're praying for you Nana :)
We've been so lucky so far all winter to not catch anything that was going around, so it was bound to happen sooner or later. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon and we can get better!
I really hope and pray that any of you that were at our house this weekend don't end up with this and I'm so sorry if you do!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Feel better Larsen family!

Cascio Photography said...

I don't know what the deal is this year but its hitting everyone HARD!! It took forever for us to get over it so I hope you guys have better luck!! FEEL BETTER!!

Jody said...

Hopefully you will all have a speedy recovery!! SO SORRY!! "NANA" will be in our prayers. The medicine they put kids on for strep works quickly!! So maybe you will be scrap booking all night.. OR SLEEPING!! GOOD LUCK!!