Monday, April 27, 2009

First Swimming Lessons...

We never did get around to putting Ashton in swimming lessons last summer, so I decided to get him in the beginning session this spring. We're trying it out at Mountain Crest and so far it's going good. I like that it goes for 4 weeks and he just goes 2 days a week for 35 minutes. Assmuming he passes on to level 2 we'll probably put him in the next session too or maybe later this summer.
(Even though he informed me that he doesn't really need to take lessons since he
"already knows how to swim.")
He couldn't stop smiling when his teacher first took him out in the water...

But then she had him try to dunk his head under and he sucked in a bunch of water...oops! He cried for awhile but then he was fine.Happy again waiting for his next turn with his teacher Elizabeth (easy name for me to remember Beth!)

6 comments:

Jody said...

What a good mom!! Now you just need to get in with Gunnar!!

Cassidy said...

ok so i totally have anxiety about this... partially because i was scared of water as a child. but do you think that 3 is too little, are you glad you waited with aston? help

Elizabeth said...

Yay!!! I wish I could have seen it or given him lessons! I am so excited for him and you guys. It really is a neat experience watching them learn to swim. It is very fitting that his instructor is Elizabeth. I love it. Hope all is well

Ashley said...

Way to go Ashton! I am glad he had a good time. Knowing how to swim is so important. Plus it is a good way to drain excess energy!

Cascio Photography said...

Go Ashton!!

Angie said...

How fun!! And way to go, Ashton!