Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Attempted family pictures...

I'm finally getting around to posting these pictures that we had taken about a month ago. As I mentioned before it was kind of a nightmare. Gunnar and Ashton had been sick and I thought they were getting over it, but Gunnar was up the entire night before still not feeling well and was in a really bad mood when it came time to get our pictures taken. I guess I should have just rescheduled, but it was nice weather so I just wanted to get them done and I thought maybe he'd perk up. Anyway here are the few that we got that turned out okay......we just didn't really get any where we were all smiling and looking normal. These two were the closest we got...I do love this one of Ashton...We almost gave up after about 20 minutes, but decided to go pull through McDonald's and get ice cream cones in the hopes that it would cheer Gunnar up and get Ashton to continue to participate. We took our ice cream and sat in front of this wall and Brittany snapped away. Some of these are actually my favorites, even though Gunnar still didn't want anything to do with the whole situation.
I had to use this one for our Christmas card. I love Gunnar in it and I love that Ashton can't take the time away from eating his ice cream to join us in our "cheers"...I love this one...if only Ashton were in it!I knew Gunnar was really not feeling good when he didn't even want his ice cream! Till at the very end...he was having fun feeding mine to me...
(oh and if you look close at the other one in my hand...it got dropped, see the leaf and dirt stuck to it? haha!) oh well... ...right before we left he finally tried some :)
So amidst all of the frustration we did get a few cute ones, but decided that since we didn't get a great one of all of us smiling...we'll do a re-shoot in the spring.
Thanks again Brittany...I really do love some of them and I love my Christmas cards too!

4 comments:

KDEMANDER said...

The picture where Gunnar is facing the wall is pretty funny and you and Lars are both looking at him.

Tallie Geddes said...

I also love the christmas cards - I think all in all considered - you got some pretty good pictures!

fourballerinas said...

Such great pictures. I love the background. I need to find someone around here that takes pics like that and not just the studio ones. I loved the Christmas card. What a cute idea. You guys looks great!
So does your tree.
AUdrey

Jody said...

Geoff never says to much about Christmas cards, but when he saw yours he said this is great!! I think so too! Your family is so beautiful and you take great pictures.. very cute kids.. Are you all ready for the excitement? Love ya and am thinking about you.