Monday, December 7, 2009

It's starting to look a lot like Christmas...

I can't believe we're down to...I'm glad I started shopping early this year...I'm just about done. And I'm proud to say that I made quite a few gifts this year. I can't post some of the stuff I made yet, but I've already handed out these Christmas Countown Blocks...I love them!
I made this set for my own family and 3 other sets for friends with little kids. Of course my kids love that they get to change the blocks to the correct day each day.
I think they're so fun!
We had promised the boys that we could get out the Christmas tree and decorations when we got back home after Thanksgiving, so after we unpacked all of our stuff, we spent the rest of the day decorating.
They LOVED it!
One day we will go cut down a real tree...but for now we set up our artificial, pre-lit, oh so convenient one. We don't really have enough room upstairs for it, so it goes in the basement.
A few other decorations...
I love my Nativity Set my Mom gave me last year :)
This is the tv in our basement...it was my Grandpa's... Christmas will be here before we know it...Ashton comes home from school singing Jingle Bells and Santa Claus is Comin' To Town and Gunnar follows him around trying to sing right along with him. The excitement is in the air...it sure is fun with little kids!

6 comments:

Ballard Family said...

Looks like Christmas at your house! My address is 455 S. 540 E. Smithfield 84335! I love your countdown blocks...where did you get the stuff to make them??? I would to make a set??? If you don't care!

Ashley said...

Good thing you have Lars around to put the star on top of your tree! I like Grandpa's TV too. When you are going to put something in the display part?

Merry Christmas!

Mandy said...

Your decor looks great as always! Loved the blocks you made me! But I don't let Dylan touch them! ha! Maybe next year.

Tallie Geddes said...

What a decorator! It really does look festive!

Jody said...

I love your friend gifts..! You did awesome!! What a fun memory to have your Grandpa's tv to warm your basement.. Glad your in the SPIRIT!!Love ya..

Angie said...

The decorations are beautiful! I just love Christmas time. I wish I could leave those type of decorations up all year long! And the countdown blocks... how fun! What did you make them with? Hope you continue to have a fun and happy holiday season.