Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Eve...

Oh how I love Christmas Eve...the anticipation with little kids is just so fun! Their cute little excited faces, asking me all day if they can open just one present and "When is it ever going to be tonight?" And all the talk about Santa coming and how is he going to get in? And "We better get to bed early so he doesn't see us!" And on and on...I love everything about that day. I love going to the Christmas Eve children's mass, so that we can really focus on the true meaning of Christmas. Slowly the boys are starting to understand :)
During the day they played outside in the snow, then played a lot inside with Ashton's little friend Tyler.
 Then after lunch I made our Christmas cookies and they all had fun for a long time decorating them for Santa.
Then it was time to get ready for church.
This year after mass we came home and after a few pictures in their cute clothes by the tree...
(my new fave:)
...we let them open their Christmas jammies, slippers and books and an ornament. They still love jammies!
Then Lars and I made dinner while they watched the Polar Express...one of our favorites.
We had such a late dinner, after we were done it was time to put our cookies and milk out for Santa, read our new Christmas books & head to bed.
The one night of the year that they are excited to go to bed!
Gunnar couldn't even stay awake through the books. I love this cute little boy so much!
 And I love to remember how it felt to go to bed on Christmas Eve, so excited you can hardly sleep, and I love to imagine them feeling that way and just the magic of it all.
Most of all I love this time in my life with these two great little boys...I couldn't ask for anything more.
Next up...
Christmas Day!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I love how you decorate cookies on Christmas eve. What a fantastic and fun idea. I hope the boys have changed out of their new pajamas by now!