Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas 2011...

Started at 5:30 am!! Ashton burst into our room yelling "It's Christmas! Can we get up??" We tried to tell him to go back to bed for an hour, but there was no way he was going back to sleep...he started crying, saying "But it's Christmas!!" So we got up and let him go in and try to wake Gunnar up. Usually Gunnar is our early guy, but he would not wake up! It took lots of shaking and talking to him to get him to finally roll out of bed and get his slippers on. Tired little boy!
Then we made them stop at the top of the stairs and wait while we got the cameras ready...it was all they could do to sit still for 2 minutes!

Look at those tired eyes :)
And mine were too, I had hurried and put my glasses on (that aren't quite the right prescription), so I couldn't get my camera focused right!
Anyway...
Here is what Santa left this year...
Ashton was obviously SO excited for his new Nintendo DS and Gunnar for his "Mini Crane Machine"!
Gunnar also got a Leapster Explorer...
In the past we've been able to hold them off for a little while before opening ALL the gifts, so that we could kind of do it gradually until Grandma and Grandpa came, but this year it was hard.
Ashton just wanted to dig right in. We did save some, but he tore through most of them before everyone got here.
Gunnar still trying to wake up...
 Ashton loving his Ninja costume from Mom & Dad... 
 Gunnar excited about his bubble bath!
 Gunnar and Aunt Kelli...she and Grandma and Grandpa got to our house a little after 10:00...
 Grandpa Harry...
Grandma...with one of her Murdoch's gift cards and her giant Hershey's bar Grandpa Harry got her! I think we should have gotten one for Gunnar too...our two chocolate lovers!
 I got Lars a baseball mit to play catch with the boys...he hadn't had one till now :)
 Loving his mini crane machine...it's pretty fun!
  Everyone knows I love gift cards!
And me trying to act surprised about my new Kindle Fire...I had seen an email from Amazon saying "Your KINDLE FIRE has shipped" in the subject line a week before Christmas...oops :)
I didn't even know what a Kindle Fire was, but it's sure been a fun gift. I don't know who loves it more though...me, Ashton or Gunnar!
 Sonic jammies...I made the shirts :)
 A lot of this going on that day...I love how they play right next to eachother laying on their bellies :)
Christmas is so fun!

2 comments:

The Hoths said...

Looks like a great Christmas. I think my favorite photo was Gunnar's excitement over the bubble bath. so so cute!

Susan O. said...

You got incredibly cute pictures of the kids this Christmas and
Christmas Eve! I look forward to it at your house every year now!

Mom (Grandma:)