Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Last day of 1st grade for Ashton!

Ashton had his last day of school on June 1st. Wow...where did that year go?? It really went by so fast! He had another great year and another teacher that we adored. In fact the couple of nights before school ended Ashton broke down and cried as I was putting him to bed at the thought of never getting to see Mrs. Rawlins again. It broke my heart for him. I think we forget how attached our kids get to their teachers who they spend 6 hours a day with. He absolutely loved her and it was so sad to see him get so emotional about it. He is usually not like that!
Anyway she is moving to another school next year to teach 2nd grade, so I think it would be easier if he knew he could still see her around school next year :( But I told him we could take her to lunch this summer and go see her next year.
We will miss you Mrs. Rawlins!
Ashton was mad at me for coming in and making him get his picture taken that day, but I know some day he'll be glad.
These pictures were from that morning of the last day...
Taken by Gunnar :)... 
 We got ready in time for Ashton to ride his bike, and Gunnar and I walked with him.
So glad it was a fun year for him and just can't believe he will already be in 2nd grade next year!

1 comment:

Susan O. said...

I'm so glad Ashton loves school and has had such wonderful teachers also! Oh and I love the
picture with his arm around Gunnar :)

Mom