Thursday, June 7, 2012

Mother's Day @ Knotts Berry Farm...

We still had our rental car on Sunday and wanted to get out and do something fun, so we decided to go check out Knotts Berry Farm. It turned out to be a fun way to spend Mother's Day :)

Some hightlights from that day...
Ashton's favorite ride was this old rickety roller coater...the GhostRider.
 Once again you can see Lars, but Ashton is too short...
 Ashton said they called it GhostRider because it felt like the cars weren't even on the tracks...it felt like you were a ghost floating through the ride...haha :)
I thought this Pony Express ride looked so funny...kind of a roller coaster where you're sitting in saddles on horses!
 Ashton and Lars are in the very back...
 This little Huff and Puff ride was cute...they had to scoot the cars along by themselves by pumping the little handles...
 More fun bumper cars...
Lots more walking...
Ashton and I on this little train ride that went through a mountain...
Just a little old train the boys were playing on...perfect opportunity to sit down for a minute!
Getting ready to leave the park...we did not go on that huge ride behind us! Luckily Ashton was too short for it (and a few other huge scary ones) and it was a water ride that literally went straight down then soaked you at the end...no thanks :)
 I think these next pictures are so funny...the boys were posing and smiling behind bars, so I told them they were in jail, they were supposed to be sad...haha :)
I guess I was mad at being thrown in jail... 
After a fun day...back in the rental car, slap happy again...they were having so much fun wearing their hats upside down and backwards...
After we left Knotts Berry, all I wanted was a Jamba Juice to end off my Mother's Day...so we went to the outdoor shopping mall close to our hotel and got some...Yum!
I love Mother's Day, love being a Mom, and LOVE these boys!

1 comment:

Susan O. said...

I loved this post :) So glad you had a wonderful Mothers Day. You deserve it!! I loved the picture at the top of you and the boys, all the cute jail faces, and so many more!! :)And Lars and Ashton are WAY braver than I would be!! :)

Mom